6.6.15

Starting a Garden

Dear Laura,







The summer came in blazing and dazzling rushing after the long cold winter, and then, in a flash, rain poured from the sky, lakes falling to the ground breaking the intense heat and spring was back for a week. Cold wet drizzle embraced me everyday as I walked to work transporting me immediately back to my childhood in Devon. As I type this, with relief, I am seeing the first hint of the sunshine back in the garden. The rain was a great starter for my parched lawn which I am trying to grow from seed, but was so heavy it took down some branches and floored my flowers. They are reviving themselves now as the sun pulls them up again.

I feel like every year I try to start my garden and boom something comes up and everything dies or comes to a halt. This year is different (I think I say that every year), this year I bought plants and dug a lawn and watch everyday to see if things need watering or care. Some of my plants have died and my lawn is patchy but I am starting to get the gardening bug. Tending the plants, watching them settle in, and even bloom, is very therapeutic. I enjoy sitting out every evening after work seeing what is new and planning for what is to come next.

I created a pinterest board when I was planning my garden of all the plants, animals and type of garden I want. 

          Follow Annie's board Garden on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...