21.2.15

Bees Bees and More Bees

Dear Laura,




It is cold, oh so cold here, the coldest I have ever been. Snow covers the ground and the trees are bare with no sign of waking up. The crackling sound of static electricity rips through my clothes and sparks fly off the dog. The dryness crawls all over my skin and I find myself emptying tubes of moisturizer just to make me feel like a normal human. My day was brightened considerably last week though when a little package slipped through the letter box. What a surprise I thought to myself, I am not expecting any packages, then I saw it was from you and got super excited. Of course you didn't disappoint, inside was a treat of material, binding and a lovely card for no other reason than you just being the best. 

I couldn't wait to use it so I whipped up this very quick top.  I realised that I had never made a top before, well not from cotton anyway. It is a bit of a mess, I was figuring things out as I went along, it wouldn't pass muster on the Great British Sewing Bee, the judges would be most upset about the wonkyness and the slightly crazy seams, but I love it. I love it so much because it is bees, and it is from you, and I made a top. I can't wait to wear it all the time, I just have to wait for this weather to get a bit brighter, -10 C might be a little chilly for sleeveless tops.

Lots of love and thank you so much I am such a lucky lady!

Annie

2 comments:

  1. oh it's so sweet! I've been thinking about you in the cold, keep cosy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful! I love it and the yellow trim. Gorgeous! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...