4.10.14

Tigers on a Purse

Dear Laura,





A little while ago, our naughty pup put her head in my bag and found a lovely piece of leather to chew on. Unfortunately for me, that piece of leather was the purse I bought myself as a treat when I got my Ph.D. Sad as it is to have chew marks all over it, it did give me an opportunity to try my hand at making a new one for myself. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I wanted to use some of the ends of the cotton and steel fabric I had used to make my dress, it is canvas and much more suited to this application than a dress.

I loved the contrast of the bright deep pink material I have with the deers trophy heads on it so I used that for the lining. I choose a yellow zip because I love yellow and pink together. It turned out I needed much more lining fabric than I thought and was surprised to use nearly 1/2 yard on the purse. I finished it off by sewing around the edges and put the top thread as green and the bobbin with pink so both sides have the right colour thread. A genius idea I read in a book once. I hope you like it, I am very happy and have been showing it off to people left right and center, whether they are interested or not!

Lots of love 

Annie

3 comments:

  1. oh my, that is just gorgeous, you are clever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! The fabrics are fab! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...