5.7.14

Summer Dress Number 3

Dear Laura,


Hot on the heels of the success of summer dress number 2, I am beginning summer dress number 3! woohoo! It is the 4th of July weekend this weekend which means a bonus day off work and lots and lots of fireworks. We went up to Baltimore yesterday to celebrate and I ate a lot of BBQ and drank beer, then watched some amazing fireworks on a roof top garden overlooking the docks and the dominos sugar factor (the sign made very famous by season 2 of "The Wire"). It was wonderful and now I get to sew, so all in all a fantastic weekend is underway. 

This final dress of the season is for work. I originally had some grey material with white flowers on it to make this dress but then I saw this fabric by Alice Kennedy. Weirdly she also designed the tree fabric the I made into a tee towel for you many years ago. I loved this fabric because it felt like tweed but clearly it isn't tweed. The colours were very appealing and it just shouted out fitted dress to me. So I ditched the grey with white flowers, ordered this one and am happily cutting away. I can't wait to wear it on Monday!

Lots of love

Annie

2 comments:

  1. To be in the US for the 4th of July and join in with the celebrations is on my bucket list of things I would love to do. I'm hoping one day it will become a reality and not just a dream.

    Nina x

    ps. love the fabric btw. N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh what a perfect weekend, looking forward to seeing your dress, the fabric is crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...