2.6.14

Little Dresses Made From Fireflies

Dear Laura,






I think it is clear how much I love dresses, well I am hoping my niece is going to love them as well. Luckily she is only 3 at the moment so she doesn't have a lot of choice! I am also a sucker for fabric, all and every piece of fabric. There is a new series from Michael Miller that I found a little while ago called "children at play" and "wee wander" designed by Sarah Jane. I have fallen completely in love with the entire series and now I am finding children to send things made from the fabric too.

The first fabric I fell in love with was the children collecting fire flies in the fields on a summers evening. One of my very favourite things about living in the US is that I too get to see fire flies in the summer. They are the most magical insects and I will never tire of watching them, get so excited the moment I spot one that I run outside and watch it until it disappears, they make my heart sing. I couldn't think of a better little dress than this one. I really hope she likes it, I bought a pattern but it looked so complicated and like it would take so much time to figure out that I ended up just making this one up. I am hoping that it fits, fingers crossed! It went in the post today so hoping to get word soon.

Lots of love

Annie

p.s. I also made this pillow case which is going to wing its way across the pond to a new baby soon as well...




1 comment:

  1. Awww Annie! I would totally wear this as an adult, it's the cutest dress! The fabric is perfect, I just love it :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...