11.2.14

Tailoring and Fixing

Dear Laura,



A long time ago, one of my friends asked me to do some trendy tailoring on his favourite jacket for him. Now this both filled me with dread, what if I mess up his favourite jacket? what if I am not neat enough? and excitement, this was new type of project for me and would really force me to focus on details. What he wanted was for his jacket to have workable buttons and bright blue button holes to stand out against the grey wool of the jacket. Eventually I plucked up the courage to give it a go. I unpicked everything so carefully so I would only cut when absolutely necessary in case something went wrong, I could always go and put it back the way it was before. Luckily things were ok, not brilliant but ok, there were a few more finishing touches I would have liked to do to the jacket before giving it back but we had had it for so long that I let it go before it was perfect. It was fun to work on and definitely gave me some good precision practice with my sewing.


before

Cutting and adjusting the lining

Choosing the right colour threads

Choosing the right buttons

And now I do not have an after picture which is unfortunate! so I think you will have to imagine it, until I get my friend to take a photo.

Lots of love

Annie

4 comments:

  1. You are so brave! And, you really do need your friend to send you a photo - I'm dying to see how it turned out. Very funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!

    Will
    Henry herbert tailors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!

    Will
    Henry herbert tailors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you need to get a finished photo I'm really curious! Good on you for taking this on, I hope it was as fun making as it was to receive it back :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...