14.12.13

Leeli, Sweet or Terrifying?

Dear Laura,



As you know Christmas is flinging itself towards us at breakneck speed. With Christmas I always try to make some home made gifts although, as we all know, this is extremely difficult as time seems to disappear in December. This year, my niece has requested (through her mother) toys that she can cuddle and treat like people. Well as soon as I read this I thought of those amazing red nose day dolls created by so many of our favourite bloggers. Oh my goodness they were amazing and I loved the idea of making all those super cute accessories as well (my thought being knitting a jumper for a doll has got to be a lot easier than knitting a jumper for me!) So here is my attempt. Her name is Leeli and so far she has a dress, I am hoping to make her trousers, a jumper some leg warmers and a sleeping bag. The thing is, I am not sure if she is cute and adorable or utterly terrifying. 







There is something about her eyes, any suggestions or comments as to what to do and or whether she is suitable for a three year old would be appreciated. I have no clue and will not be in the remotest bit offended if you said to me, yikes maybe change... 

Lots of love

Annie

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha, best blog post question ever! I think all you need to do is move her wandering left eye a little closer in to the front of her face and out from under her hair and she'll look much happier and less like she's scoping out whatever is going on to the side of you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh out loud a lot, in public. You are definitely onto something with the eyes, I am going to do some face rearrangement!

      Delete
  2. Um, I think it's the large button eyes that are a bit scary. Perhaps stitch some instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes smaller eyes those button do seem a bit crazy. I love the idea of rosy cheeks too I have felt I will try that.

      Delete
  3. Oh and give her some rosy cheeks with a bit of blusher perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the interests of research I ask my three year old daughter what she thought ... she liked her and thought her dress was very pretty ... she asked why her eyes were so big and why she has a black mouth ... quote "black is not a happy colour" ... maybe you could stitch her some eyes and an embroidered mouth ... she also said she would like bows in her hair ... this is not a critique just some input from your target market ;) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO thanks for the target market research, I genuinely want comments so this is excellent, I love black is not a happy colour. I think that might be my favourite statement yet. And bows in the hair is a perfect idea, once I have sorted her poor face out of course!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...