10.11.13

7 Days of Cooking

Dear Laura,



As you know I do not really do any cooking anymore, I used to cook for myself all the time but since moving in with R my cooking duties quickly filtered away to nothing. He is such a good cook and, well, I am not. I have a couple of dishes in my repertoire but these days if I put peas on the stove I will generally wonder away and forget about them until they burn. 

Well this week I am on my own food wise and rather than buying take out every night or scrambling around making pasta, tomato ketchup and cheese (yes this was a student favourite of mine and I can just about still stomach it), I am going to cook, actually cook and my incentive is to tell you about it, that way I will have to do it as well as I can.

I went to the farmers market yesterday and bought things that I thought I would need and my supper yesterday is titled Shanthi's Summer Pasta. This is because I stole this recipe directly from my friend Shanthi Sekeran.

Shanthi's Summer Pasta


Ingredients (serves 2)

A lemon
4oz smoked salmon
2 cups of peas
1lb of fresh pasta
8oz creme fraiche
2 handfuls of salad leaves

Cook the pasta and the peas and leave to the side. Cut the smoked salmon into 1/2" by 1/2" pieces (1cm by 1cm). Heat a frying pan with some olive oil, once hot put the salmon in and heat quickly moving the salmon around. Once the salmon goes light pink (about 30 seconds later) add the cooked pasta and peas and add the creme fraiche. Mix everything together throughly and take off the heat. Squeeze a whole lemons juice over before serving and season. Serve with salad leaves.



Tonight I am hoping to make lamb chops except I don't know how to cook lamb chops, any advice would be gratefully received!

Lots of love

Annie

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...