17.8.13

Summer Evening Salsa

Dear Laura,

There is nothing I like more than sitting outside in the evenings warmth, watching the bees with a glass of fizzy wine and devouring a plate of salsa and chips. All summer I have being making bucket loads of the stuff and I don't intend to stop anytime soon.









Yum! Mountains of salsa just for me, to be honest it really is, I put it out, R gets about one chip full and I have eaten the whole bowl before he can go in for more, I might even be spotted drinking the remnants and all that delicious juice before washing everything up.

Here is my recipe:
1 red onion
1 red chili pepper
1 bunch of coriander
3 limes
6 tomatoes
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar

Finely chop the red onion, tomatoes and the chili pepper. I have heard the the hottest part of the chili pepper is the white bit that holds the seeds on, I usually remove this along with the seeds but if you want some more heat then add it all in. Mix together in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of the 3 limes, chop up the coriander leaves and add to the mix. Add salt to season and a pinch of sugar and mix it all together.

Lots of love

Annie

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so yummy I am off to buy some limes and chilli I think I've got everything else in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that salsa looks delicious ... thank you for sharing your recipe ... I'm off to check if I have what I need in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...