12.8.13

picking up the needles


Dear Annie,


Hello stranger!

I'm sorry for my long absence from the blog. Since baby E arrived at the end of May, I have touched neither knitting needles nor sewing machine. Other than photography, my creative mojo seemed to have completely disappeared. Even in the few moments that I managed to snatch for myself in the day,(whisper it...) I just didn't feel like crafting. 

I must confess to feeling rather alarmed by this- I don't remember it happening with the other two boys, although perhaps it did. Having chatted on Twitter to Kat and Libby, however, it seems that I am not alone. Perhaps when you have a new baby, you channel all your creative energies into them, or perhaps it's just the lack of sleep, I don't know.

Luckily, it was a temporary state of affairs, and a fortnight ago, when we set off for holiday, I reached for a long forgotten unfinished project- my Starsign Shawl. It felt so good to have the needles back in my hands again, and although the shawl is still far from finished, it was a start. I'm finding my creative feet again, one stitch at a time. Thank you for keeping the blog going in my absence. I've loved reading about all your wonderful crafty adventures.

Love from,

Laura

1 comment:

  1. welcome back ! And don't worry about the dessapearing of your creativity. sometiomes it happens and that's ok too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...