14.2.13

fresh yarn

Dear Annie,


With a loft full of baskets of yarn, I have been trying very hard lately not to buy any more unless it is for a specific project. However, when I visited iKnit London for the first time this week, a couple of balls of wool did find their way into my bag.

I couldn't resist the Wensleydale DK, longwool spun in Yorkshire. My much-loved Granny lived just outside Wensleydale, and much of my childhood was spent visiting there. 

I think I shall use it to make yet another Milo tank top. I have been meaning to make a boy-sized one, so I really should get cracking before my boys outgrow the pattern sizes!

It's hard to resist the lure of fresh yarn, but I do have a couple of projects that need casting off first. Hopefully I will be able to show you one of them next week.

Love from,

Laura

3 comments:

  1. Is there anything actually nicer than new yarn? I think not : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of that lurking in my stash - burgundy aran :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's the wool I'm using for the scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...