26.2.13

A 3 Year Love Story Part2

Dear Laura,

I am back, the blanket isn't blocked, we had 24hrs without water, not so good, but I am going to show it to you anyway.








There it is, I am so happy with it, it was a long and rocky road. I won't lie there were times during those three years I wanted to give up, there were times I just got so bored of the same stitch again and again. But there were also so many times where strangers and the friends I have made here on the blog helped me, motivated me, or just kindly and simply said that they liked something about it. I have the melancholy that falls when something that has brought me so much joy has come to an end, but then I remember that really the blanket has just come to life. I like to imagine the people who will be warmed by it, who will laugh at the pom poms, who will be cheered by its very presence.

And now when I snuggle under it, it reminds me of those 3 years, it reminds me of you, it reminds me of the quiet time I have each night with R, it reminds me of my mum who helped me with reading the pattern, it reminds me of carrying it to England, of the land which I have left, it reminds me of my nephews and nieces who were transfixed by the individual squares and their little fingers gripping tightly to them not willing to let them go, it reminds me of this blog, of all the people I have met through it. Everytime I snuggle under it, it will remind me of all of that, of these last three years, it will remind me of love.

Lots of love

Annie

A 3 Year Love Story Part1 can be found by clicking here

8 comments:

  1. It's stunning. I love the grey background - it makes the colours so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful. I love the colour combination :)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful and inspiring. Lovely pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie it is STUNNING, I too would have chosen grey to bring it all together. I'm soooo tempted to start an epic journey like this one of yours. Definitely worth it. Oh and the pom poms...sheer delight xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blanket so much and the Pom poms! Pom poms will be appearing on a blanket near me very soon! Wonderful work xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the most eye catching blanket and the story you tell about it is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...