23.1.13

winter knitting

Dear Annie,




As you know, here in the UK we have had a rather snowy week. With schools closed and roads icy, we have spent much of our time at home, either outside on the sledge, or inside by the fire. 









I can't remember a week where I have had so much time to knit. Sitting curled up on the sofa under a blanket knitting whilst I could hear the boys crunching around in the snow outside was an absolute treat.

I have cast on a blanket with the wool that I chose on our trip to Loop. The pattern is a delight to knit: lacy and beautiful yet surprisingly simple. Perfect for lazy afternoons by the fire.

Love from

Laura

PS: Pattern details here on Ravelry

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful blanket ... the pattern is gorgeous ... I am determined to learn how to knit this year ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lovely, and a perfect colour too. I am knitting a 'surprisingly simple' cowl at the moment but seem to be taking one step forward, two steps back with it. Knitting late at night is not a great idea, I have discovered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour and pattern - can you knit one for me next please?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be gorgeous - isn't it a pretty pattern?! I haven't tried Cascade - are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...