6.1.13

Joining the Squares

Dear Laura,



A new year brings with it a lot of unfinished projects and even worse lots of new wool bought at loop tempting me to start some more. I found myself hugging the new wool again this morning, it is so soft and beautiful. But I am being strong, no new projects until I have at least made the effort to finish my largest project ever!

As you remember two years ago we decided to make an afghan crochet blanket. I am not sure either of us really realized what this would entail and how much time this would take. Determined to move forward I packed all my squares in my suitcase and dragged them all the way to England.

It was there that I found that they were in fact children nectar. One two year old so enamored with one of my squares refused to let it go. At least I know there are one or two small people who might like my blanket. Still even with all the lugging and intentions, I only managed to join about three squares. So I packed everything back up and now, back home, with the new year underway and the renewed enthusiasm it brings I am making more headway. 








I hope I get it finished soon, I have some lovely socks I want to make and I am really excited to try some fair isle patterns. 

Lots of Love

Annie

6 comments:

  1. I want to get better at fair isle, I'm looking forward to seeing what you get stuck into :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Annie, it's going to be so worth it with all those jewel like colours xox Oh and well done for being disciplined to stick to one project at a time, I'm afraid I do not have your will power!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have something similar left over from two years ago - maybe this year....maybe! Though you will probably finish yours way before me.

    Beautiful colours,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! I can't believe you bought all those squares here, I though I was bad when I travelled! It will be lovely to see them all joined though :) I'm not really one to talk about 'finishing ones project before starting another' but keep strong & you'll be really pleased you finished this before starting on that new stash... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those squares look just lovely- what perfect colours.
    Have a great week,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been attempting to knit a blanket for about a year and am not even halfway yet. It's turned into a bit of a labour of love/hate! Yours is looking lovely so far - those colours are delicious! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...