15.1.13

a cable hat for Emily

Dear Annie,





One of my very first ever blog posts was about a purple cabled hat that I knitted for myself. It was, and still remains, my very favourite hat. Emily, a lovely friend of mine, has always admired it. She is a very stylish lady, so her admiration is quite the compliment! For her birthday last year, I promised to knit her one, in a yarn of her choice. She mulled it over for a while, and eventually chose a greeny blue shade in Cascade 220 Heathers. This was my knitting project of choice over Christmas, and I enjoyed it no end. It is one of my favourite knitting patterns. Sixteen big slouchy cables are simple to knit, and very effective. I hope that Emily's hat will keep her head as warm as my hat has kept mine!

Love from,

Laura

PS: Details, as always, over on Ravelry.

(Joining in with Making Monday.)

9 comments:

  1. I love it Laura - you are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is truly beautiful and looks really impressive.Thanks for sharing the pattern link. I adore that colour green too x Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hat - what pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fab - lucky Emily! Isn't the green just so stylish?! I must try to buy green - I seem to overlook it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do hats but am very tempted by this one as it is sooo very cold at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for my beautifully crafted hat, I love it! It was perfect for a chilly trip to London today. You are one talented lady...although I don't remember saying you could wear it! Thanks again lovely, Em x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really stylish and beautiful cabled hat! I'm glad to to see she loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice hat. I like the colour choice too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...