Here it is. My first attempt at dressmaking. Following my two day dressmaking course, which got me started, I had plenty of finishing to do: the zip, the interfacing, the sleeves... All of which would have seemed quite terrifying not so long ago. With the help of my course notes, my new sewing machine and the pattern instructions, I got there in the end.
Not a perfect dress by any means. But a dress. Which fits me. And I made it. It really does feel like quite an achievement!
The pattern is McCalls 2401 and the fabric is LilyBelle Henna Stripe.
My first attempt at dressmaking but not, I hope, my last.