28.9.12

a crochet hat

Dear Annie,






It has felt like a long week. R and I have both been poorly, and have spent a lot of time sofa-bound. The only advantage to this has been that I have managed to fit in a little crochet.

Using a pattern that I found via Pinterest, I had my first try at a crochet hat in some chunky King Cole yarn. It was surprisingly speedy to make! I might even be tempted to make one or two as Christmas presents this year.


I still have some of the yarn left, so I have invested in this huge crochet hook so that I can make a chunky cowl to match. Sarah from Annaboo's House has kindly put the pattern up on Instagram for the lovely ones that she makes and I am planning to give it a try.

Love from,

Laura

PS: Hat details are, as always, on Ravelry.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! Lovin' the hat. And such a pretty photo. Hope you're on the mend now. .cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous hat! Hope you're feeling better now though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very stylish! hope you are recovered. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call a hook! Great hat, great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new hat ... can't wait to see the cowl ... Bee x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...