5.8.12

a week in baking

Dear Annie,




{blueberry buttermilk cake}




{fairy cakes (self-sprinkled by the boys) }




{summer berry loaf cake}




{chocolate rice crispie cakes (with a sprinkle of edible glitter) }


I do rather a lot of baking. I find it to be a very therapeutic activity. There is the satisfaction of creating something, the pleasure of bringing enjoyment to others, and the alchemy of combining a few simple ingredients and producing something delicious. 


There always seems to be something to bake for, too. This week, it was a camping trip; a play date; a visit from the inlaws and a rainy afternoon.


I am also in the process of working on some extra special cakes- a stacked wedding cake for the dearest of friends. If truth be told, this sort of baking is a little outside my comfort zone, but with the help of my kind friend Natalie (who provided me with a recipe and her invaluable advice, as well as lending me the tools I needed) I am well on my way. 




{the first of the wedding cakes awaiting its marzipan layer}

Love from,


Laura

1 comment:

  1. Good weather for baking too I think and I applaud you for taking on the wedding cake! Loving those little fingers
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...