13.7.12

a quilted cosy

Dear Annie,




A little bit of speedy sewing last weekend, to make a cosy for a new (and oh so exciting) laptop. I used this tutorial as a starting point, and made it up from there. 




For the outside, I kept it plain with some Joel Dewberry ticking (given that D is supposed to share the laptop, I thought it best not to go crazy on the florals!). I added interfacing and two layers of cotton quilt batting and machine-quilted it along some of the stripes.


I couldn't resist a few hidden flowers in the lining, though- I used a fat quarter of Liberty quilting fabric that I had stashed away from the V&A quilting exhibition a few years ago.





Working out how to attach it all together took more brain power than it should have done, but I got there in the end. 


I love making gadget cosies with favourite pieces of fabric. My Liberty Tana Lawn phone cosy makes me smile every day, and I hope that this will too. Whether or not it will have the same effect on D remains to be seen!


Love from,


Laura

3 comments:

  1. I do like that ticking - and with a hidden floral panel to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how pretty, a nice bed for sleeping laptops! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is lovely, a perfect mix of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...