29.6.12

customised camera bag

Dear Annie,




Following my last post, when I showed you my new camera strap, I have been busy customising a camera bag to match. As you know, since beginning the Capturing Childhood course, I have been taking my camera with me on a pretty much daily basis. My old, and rather flimsy, camera bag just wasn't giving my beloved DSLR the protection it needed. Having yearned after fancy (but very expensive) camera bags, I was pleased to come across some tutorials on Pinterest for adapting a handbag into a camera bag.


I bought a cheap Primark satchel, some foam and some velcro, dug out a large piece of Amy Butler fabric that I had stashed away, and set to work. I looked at a few different tutorials (you can find them on my Pinterest photography board, if you are interested) and amalgamated the different methods to suit myself and my bag. 







As you can see from the middle picture above, my finishing on the individual pieces wasn't the neatest- it was a bit of a learning curve- but luckily those edges can't be seen once the inserts are inside the bag.


Nevertheless, I am very pleased with the finished article. My camera is safe, there is room inside for my phone, wallet, keys, etc and the entire project cost less than £20. Oh, and if I should fancy a change, the insert can easily be moved into a different bag. Marvellous.




Love from,


Laura

3 comments:

  1. oh that is quite brilliant. my camera is very sick, I dropped it, and it wasn't in a protective bag. when it's fixed I think a new home for it will be required!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should take a leaf out of your book! My camera is normally over my shoulder and spare lens in my pocket (or worse - bra)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea - it looks really great. I sort of doubt my husband would carry it but perhaps I can make one for me for when I am in charge of the camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...