16.5.12

A Marathon Bike Ride

Dear Laura,


It feels like ages since I wrote to you. Luckily I saw you very recently, because as you know I have been on holiday. The English countryside lured me to it, rain or shine, well more rain to be honest and I spent many a happy hour on the beach and a hill and on a bike in London. As you know my sister is rather an avid cyclist, she has been known to cycle across europe for fun! Bouyed by R's enthusiasm for a good bike ride, my sister and her boyf formulated a plan. 

Down the canal to the olympic stadium, past St Katherines dock, over to tower bridge, down the south bank, over to downing street for a peep at Dave, up to regents park via the palace (goodday marm), through the park, up primrose hill, up parliament hill to an awesome view of the city, then up up up a steep windy hill on hampstead heath to the pub, then weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee down the hill and all the way home. And here is the proof in pictures!


Down the canal to the olympic stadium (this if you can believe it is central London), 






 There was the london patchwork quilt thingy there too, which i thought were rather pretty.



past St Katherines dock
over to tower bridge, 

down the south bank, 


 over to downing street for a peep at Dave, 
 up to regents park via the palace (goodday marm), 
 through the park, up primrose hill, up parliament hill to an awesome view of the city, 

 then up up up a steep windy hill on hampstead heath to the pub, 

then weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee down the hill and all the way home. 


When I enquired how long this ride was the estimates came up to around 25 miles, a whole marathon in a day. Luckily there were plenty of tea and cake stops to keep our energy levels up. I came home with a sore bum and pink nose, a lovely day was had by all.


Lots of love


Annie

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lovely bike ride. Unfortunately there isn't any beautiful rides like that around my area but I loved seeing the pics of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day! I love London when the sun shines :)
    I haven't seen it by bike - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy you the soreness, but it does look like a wonderful day out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...