6.5.12

embroidered

Dear Annie,


This weekend, we had a big family party to celebrate the 85th birthday of my wonderful Grandad. The boys and I worked together to make him a present. Using an idea from Amanda Soule's Book , I embarked on my first embroidery project for years.


S drew a picture of my Grandad (who was a very keen yachtsman in his younger days) in his boat. I transferred it to some cotton sheeting and embroidered over it. I then made a simple envelope cushion cover and appliqued the design to the front.


R's contribution was a fabric paint handprint, which was appliqued to the back of the cushion to complete it.


Every stitch was made with love.




 Love from,

Laura

1 comment:

  1. That's such a clever idea, and a really unique and heartfelt present!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...