20.5.12

A Cup of Tea?

Dear Laura, 


You might remember sometime ago I was making a tea cup dress (you can see the beginnings here) well things didn't go as well as I had hoped. I was a litte over ambitious I think. I really wanted it to be a fifties dress with a big flowing skirt. I also didn't want straps. I wanted the dress to go up to my neck. I have to admit I really struggled with this dress. I unpicked it a million times and wrestled and wrestled and wrestled with it. I did manage to finish it for the wedding but it wasn't my perfect vision. I also only really have one picture of me wearing it, we tried to do a photo shoot but I insisted on pulling ridiculous faces in most of the pictures so they have been vetoed! Well here it is:



It was a little chilly on the day so a cardigan (well actually two cardigans) is hiding the top. I love the pink netting, I really enjoyed wearing it at the wedding but my confidence has been severely knocked. It was incredibly hard to get the dress to this stage and I am thinking of taking some pattern making classes, I have always wanted to but never got around to it. Well I think it is time, if I want to make what I think in my head then I think it is time to find out some more about how to fit cloth to the human body and stop just trying to sculpt it.

On a much more positive note, the wedding was lots and lots and lots of fun and it was so lovely to see everyone again. I also discovered that Yorkshire is unbelievably beautiful! Congratulations again K and T, thanks for a fab weekend.


Lots of love

Annie





7 comments:

  1. The fabric is just so cute!
    Darts - I wonder if that is what is missing? I have wanted to do a pattern drafting course for years too..... one day. In the meantime, I am devouring books and other peoples patterns in the hopes of learning something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric! I keep trying to make clothes for myself - I can make them for my children with no problems but somehow they never quite fit me ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - what a great print! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you wearing it and it was pretty cute so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! getting the fit right is frustrating me on a shirt I am trying to make, how can it be So Hard...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty! Sewing clothes is so hard, you've absolutely got the knack. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it! Awesome fabric, love it love it love it XD Thanks for the smile induction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...