29.4.12

Volt

Dear Laura,


Your blanket is lovely, I am super impressed with your lacy knitting. I have had a pretty awesome Saturday. We went off to Fredrick, an old town, full of pretty brick houses and antique shops. It also happens to have a restaurant that I have been dying to go to for ages. We are big Top Chef fans in this house (it's like master chef but better lighting and faster camera cuts) and our favourite ever contestants were the voltaggio brothers. Well it happens that one of the brothers, Brian, is the chef at Volt in Fredrick. 


Much to my delight everyone was up for going and it was awesome! I started with the Ravioli, the waitress was lovely but I did laugh out loud when she told me my dish contained sage air. 
I am assuming that was the foam and they didn't just wave some sage over the top before bringing it out. It was delicious, the pasta was black and the filling was goats cheese so when you cut into it, it looked amazing. The mushrooms were by far the yummiest thing on the plate though. Then came the rockfish...
It was by far an away one of the best things I have ever eaten, I had to use every ounce of restraint not to pick the dish up, drink the last of the broth and lick the plate (luckily they provided a spoon so I could get most of it). I was, it turns out, far to excited and relaxed to remember to take a picture of the desert but it was equally as beautiful and tasty as the rest of the meal. I came out happy, refreshed and relaxed. I LOVED it so much I could have eaten the meal all over again straight away given half the chance. They even gave us some cake to take home and have. 
I can't wait to go again.

Lots of love

Annie

1 comment:

  1. Sage air? Who writes the menus?! Seriously, it all looks absolutely delicious, and giving you cake to take home - gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...