15.4.12

Blocking?

Dear Laura,


I have been making squares from circles. It's like magic. Well I hope I have. I have attempted blocking for the first time ever. I read Truly Murtles great summary of different blocking technics. I wasn't completely sure what to do, but it seemed that if I made my squares wet, then pinned them out I could make my circles square. So that is what I tried. First  I gave them a bath...



I knew I had to be gentle with them so it was cold water and I kind of swished them about a bit. Then I made a swiss roll with a towel and the granny squares to dry them off a bit before I started to pin them.




 And then magic began...




 It totally worked! here is my before...



and after


I am pleased as punch, joining them is going to be a breeze. 




Only two more batches to go!


Lots of love


Annie

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Doesn't it make a difference!
    Thanks for the linky luv :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocking is magic isn't it? And those squares are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I only recently starting blocking - was a lazy bum before - it's so totally worth it :)
    http://helenlimbrick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...