16.4.12

blanket

Dear Annie,


I have finally cast off my Hap Blanket. I think it is actually the largest item I have ever knitted. Which isn't to say that it is huge- just a lap blanket - but still, an achievement. I have all the ends left to sew in, and then I too shall be busily blocking to ensure that the lace edging is made up of neat scallops. In the meantime, it is keeping me nice and snug. The baby Alpaca yarn is amazingly soft.




Of course in this house, a blanket can't be left unattended for more than a few seconds without being appropriated. Today, it was used to wrap my old doll, who is unaccountably loved by both my boys. They rejected her original name (Julie) in favour of the rather avant-garde 'Bicarb'. Yes, as in bicarbonate of soda. No, I have no idea why.




I will let you know how I get on with my blocking. I am so looking forward to seeing your crochet squares joined up.


Love from,


Laura
 

1 comment:

  1. OOoh Laura it's lovely! Looks so soft and snuggly! Love that they named your doll 'Bicarb'. Little boys are extraordinary little creatures aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...