3.2.12

a non matching pair

Dear Annie,


I have cast off two hand warmers this week. The only problem is that they are an entirely non matching pair. In fact, they are completely different sizes. The first was knitted from this pattern with the leftover skein of gorgeous grey yarn from my Autumn Skies Cowl.


They are pretty, warm and quick to knit. Ordinarily I'd have been very keen to cast on the second and complete the pair, but this is a one-skein project, and I began with just the tiniest bit less than one skein. I am ever so slightly nervous that I will run out of yarn before I finish the second hand warmer. So I decided to procrastinate and cast on a different project.


Hand warmers again, but this time, boy-sized ones. In fact, they were supposed to be mitts for S to use when riding his scooter, but despite some modifications to make them bigger, they were too small for him. Luckily they fit little R perfectly- just the job for chilly buggy rides. This is an incredibly speedy knit- someone with more free time than me could certainly whip up a pair in a single evening. Which is good, as I now have to knit a second one for R and also an even larger pair for S. Oh, and bite the bullet and finish the grey hand warmers for myself.


 Looks like I'd better get knitting...


Love from,


Laura


PS: Grey hand warmer details on Ravelry here, boys' hand warmer details on Ravelry here.

3 comments:

  1. The perfect weather to stay in and knit all weekend. And such lovely projects to work on. C.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little boy handwarmers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your clue ...greetings from Germany barbara
    http://wwwbslinks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...