18.1.12

Patchwork Quilts

Dear Laura,



You might have seen this quilt before. It is of course the one I made for little S lots of years ago. When little S came in to play I asked him about the blanket. The conversation went a little like this:


"I made this for you before you were born"
"Why?"
"Because I thought you might like it"
"Why?"
"Because it has a lot of colours,"
"Why?"
"I didn't know which colours you liked then so I put lots in, do you like the colours?"
"I like blue and black and brown, because they are boy colours, and orange, orange is a boy colour too."


So that's cleared that up!





Little R seemed much keener though ... Whilst I was playing fighting dinosaurs or some such game little R ran over to the box in your living room and was trying to open it. Obviously the box is about 4 times as big as him and he was unsuccessful in opening it, so I helped him. I was a little confused about what was in this box, but there it was the patchwork quilt I had made all those years ago, little R even pointed to it. Well that pleased me no end, so we got it out and played on top of it. (top marks for little R). 










Lots of love


Annie

3 comments:

  1. So pretty - and I love the boy colours, and the girl colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dinosaurs love quilts too xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the colours too...(Glad I now know that orange is a boy colour!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...