13.1.12

chintz, slub silk and damask

Dear Annie,

Just before Christmas, I made a rather pleasing purchase from the local auction house. Since we have moved, we have loved visiting the monthly sale and bidding on bits and pieces that take our fancy. Some things have gone for much more than we wished to pay, but this month, our luck was in.

It was a box of fabrics that had caught my eye, presumably from some grand house in the area. The catalogue entry read like poetry to me: chintz, slub silk and damask. There were sheets and linens too, initialled and starched. I felt the weight of quality and history between my fingers and was thrilled to find that I had won the whole lot for less than twenty pounds.



Several pieces are really rather large, so there is potential to make all sorts of things for the new house. At the moment, I'm just mulling it over. Chintz, slub silk and damask.

There was a second lot that found its way home with us, a brass chandelier. In need of some love and rewiring, but quite lovely.



Love from,


Laura

5 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous find- I am very envious indeed! What are you going to make from those lovely pieces of fabirc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo what a wonderful haul. Those fabrics are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am green. What an amazing collection. lucky you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are fabulous fabrics, I'm insanely jealous! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...