6.1.12

Being Together

Dear Readers,


It is that time of year again when the English countryside beckons and I manage to visit Laura in rainy and windy England. 


We have been crocheting and knitting together.




Chatting and drinking coffee together...




And revisiting our crafty resolutions together- yikes, nothing like reminding yourself of the things you haven't managed over the previous year! To revisit  our crafty resolutions click here.


Laura has done a much better job than me of keeping her resolutions but I have managed a couple. She produced a beautiful christening quilt which can be read about here and here



She also successfully managed to do some fantastic (and far too complicated for me) lace knitting when she made her Moonstone Veylas: you can read about those here 


I however, have yet to make anything from my Dads old college scarf, although I do have a plan. The lovely blue leather I bought is still sat happily in my stash waiting for an idea and something beautiful.

Together we have embarked on some granny square blankets. We both have managed to pick up some crochet and are half way through, I am hoping that we will manage to complete them sometime this year. You can read about the beginning of our blankets here and here and better progress here and here


And finally we managed to write a rather odd knitting pattern for some winter mitts.


We decided this year not to make any more resolutions! We have, however, been working together on a collaborative sewing project- more of that to follow.

 Happy New Year!


Lots of Love

Annie and Laura

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely catching-up-session was had by all.
    Happy New Year to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely, crafting and chatting x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...