28.12.11

gifts given

Dear Annie,

The gifts have now been given, so I won't spoil any surprises by showing you the handmade ones. Time was short this year, so there were just a couple, for two of the loveliest chaps in my life.


:: For my (cricket mad) brother, cast off at midnight on Christmas Eve - truly a last-minute knitted gift- a cricket jumper tea cosy to warm a vintage Woods ware teapot. Ravelled here.




:: For D, some homemade pinecone firelighters, scented with essential oils for a heavenly blaze. Tutorial here. The boys and I have already been out foraging for more, so I think this may become a regular make in our house.

Love from,

Laura

5 comments:

  1. you'll have to let us know how the fire lighters work out as they are on my 'to make' list, well done you with the handmade gifts, i did manage a hat but my hubs didn't get his jumper - i was still knitting it on xmas day!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, firelighters are on my list too. the jersey is amazing. makes me want one for my teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a few handsewn teapot cosies, and I have to say I love the teapot jumper! It's such a great idea, and looks brilliant :)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my that teapot jumper is brilliant! and the firelighters look great! even if they weren't a suprise.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the cricket tea cosy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...