9.12.11

a flurry of snowflakes

Dear Annie,


In the last few days, there's been a flurry of snowflake-making activity around here. As I showed you in my last post, I started crocheting some about a week ago, using this tutorial. Addictive is not the word! My little pile grew, and grew and the yarn ran out well before my inclination to keep hooking!


I blocked them using spray starch, so that they would be nice and stiff, ready for hanging. Some were paired with some buttons to make snowflake bunting, some hung on a door and that leaves several for the Christmas tree with a couple left over to be used as decorations on extra-special presents.


With snowflakes on the brain, it's no wonder that I felt compelled to make a few Kat-inspired doily snowflakes too...


I wonder if any actual snowflakes will be heading our way.

Love from, 

Laura

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I need to get me some doilies! Yes, fingers crossed for some snow..I love to see their little faces when it does.. excitement and wonder. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just had a mini-ish pretend flurry (all of about 5 snowflakes!) Maybe some paper doilies would inspire the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh love those crochet flakes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...