11.12.11

Christmas Pajamas

Dear Laura,


Yesterday I got an afternoon all to myself to sew, yippppeeeeee! It was Christmas present city, well kind of. Anyway I am going to show you one, as I am not sure if I will be able to get this present to the recipient before Christmas so I figured it won't spoil the surprise. Also the recipient is 4. 


For the longest time I have been trying to figure out what I can sew for little boys. When they are very young I can make them dungarees out of awesome material for them but after about 6 months that doesn't really work anymore. I knew he liked planes (a lot) and this material was just screaming out to me to make something for him. 




Finally I figured it out. Pajamas, Pajamas can be made out of any material, they are fun and often the sillier the better. The only problem was that I didn't have a pattern for trousers, and I am not that confident making one up as I have never sewn trousers before. 


A google search later and this awesome site came up... http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/pj/pajama_pattern.html, The great thing about this pattern is that they really explain what each piece is so resizing the pattern is pretty easy. Although I might have gone on the big side as I don't really know how big a four year old is.







Lots of Love

Annie




8 comments:

  1. They are fabulous. Everyone should have home made pyjamas. I need to make some for me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might be addicted and will now make Pjs for everyone for every occasion. They are much easier than I first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be four years old & wear those pyjamas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Annie you did a wonderful job, i keep meaning to try pyjamas bottoms for my 3 year old, but i havent qiute got round to doing it, likewise its finding the pattern, i shall have to go and have a look at the one you suggested, by the way love the plane fabric where did you get it from?
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're great, I'm sure he'll love them. I make PJ bottoms for adults too, from vintage sheets. Sizing only has to be approximate, they make great gifts.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab. I think that 4 yr old recipient will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh fantastic! and now I'm off to check out that link, K needs pj's xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so so awesome and cute. Look's like I've got to do some christmas pajamas shopping at http://www.pajamamania.com right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...