28.9.11

Food food Glorious Food

Dear Laura,


I was very excited this weekend because we were invited to a late summer supper, this was actually much later than planned as it was supposed to be the weekend of hurricane Irene but she put a stop to those plans. It was of course fantastic. Ryan and Glen cooked up a storm and we all hungry, greedily and very appreciatively ate and ate and ate, oh and drank. So here is a taste for you too...
A menu of course was designed and the table laid beautifully. I love a meal with some grandeur, it makes it feel like a proper occasion (and it also makes me feel like a grown up).
Cerviche, 
Oysters in HP sauce (well something along those lines)
Small greens and pomagrante salad
Gazpacho


A quick break to watch Mr Stefan the fish being hammered out of his salt shell



oh and the best ever, a whole fish cooked in salt and served with corn cakes and mango and all sorts of goodness. 
Finished with a chocolate ozzy pudding and vanilla ice cream.


I remember as a child after my parents had a dinner party, I would love going into the dinning room and smelling the lingering perfume, wine and food. The memories of those smells and this dinner make me very happy indeed. Yum yum yum yum yum.


Lots of love
Annie

4 comments:

  1. Incredible! I don't know anyone who can cook like that! Certainly not me! I'll bet it tasted even better than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really shouldn't have read this first thing in the morning before breakfast! Fish in a salty shell sounds amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meal looks stupendous - so beautiful and delicious-looking. I am a little envious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...