5.8.11

holiday knitting

Dear Annie,



We have just returned from a week's family holiday in France. Patisserie treats have been eaten, aperitifs have been drunk and thanks to the magic of grandparents, some child-free time has been had by both D and I (thanks, Mum!). Naturally, I had brought along my knitting. It was the first time since baby R arrived that I have had the luxury of so much knitting time and I really made the most of it.






I'm making Ysolda's Veylas using the yarn I bought at Knit Nation. I have never followed a chart before, and so a good deal of concentration was required (along with lots of row-counting and a little under-the-breath swearing). Luckily the lacy cuff is followed by my favourite sort of knitting: in the round. I found it very soothing and meditative and I'd forgotten just how marvellous it is to abandon yourself to knitting for a few hours. Not quite a finished object yet, but I'm thrilled with how they're turning out.




Oh, and with knitting in mind, when I came across these elegant French vintage needles, how could I resist? 


Love from,


Laura


PS: Details of the pattern, yarn etc. are on my Ravelry page

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    Wish I could knit!- will have to stick to crochet.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so beautiful, the yarn looks just lovely to knit with & my favourite colour {& you can't really beat that scenery!}
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they're really beautiful! The first photo you took looks impressive! Love your needles too, they're also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...