20.7.11

One Week One Dress

Dear Laura,


Next weekend I am going to a wedding, I don't yet have anything to wear. you see the problem is, I was trawling ebay but nothing really struck me. Then I went to my usual vintage/consignment shops around DC and still nothing. You see I am a bit picky and I know that I can make my own dress which I will like much much more. So with only one week before the wedding I am going to do it! Foolish maybe, but there is nothing like a deadline to get me into action.



A while ago I bought this material, not only did I like it but it actually made me of L whose wedding it is next week. Now I have had it for a while and I used a bit of it.


and so now it doesn't quite fit around my (what I thought was a rather petit, but in fact it turns out large) bum.

(sorry mirrors, one handed photo, horrible mess in the background)

It is a challenge, I am going to make it in from one piece in the front and one in the back. It will have a zip, and hopefully have straps, it will be knee length, and that is all I know so far. I will keep you posted.

lots of love

Annie


3 comments:

  1. Such lovely material.
    And yes, you are a crazy lady for attempting this!
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric! And lovely blog too. As someone with most of my dear friends in other cities/countries I think your letters are marvelous! *s*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...