18.7.11

knitters in the city

Dear Annie,
This weekend, our trip to London for a family wedding serendipitously coincided with Knit Nation. It didn't take much persuading for my fab and uber-crafty Mother-in-law to join me for a little trip to the marketplace.


I managed to take a few little snaps of some things that caught my eye (including the mini cakes in the tea salon of course), but I was rather distracted by all the gorgeous yarn, and the excitement of seeing knitters everywhere- knitting, chatting and modelling their amazing creations.


Sabrina met us there, and we caught up over a coffee before perusing all the delights on offer. We were rather enamoured of Ysolda and her lucky dip. I came away with a Ravelry pattern voucher, J with a project bag, and Sabrina with a copy of Whimsical Little Knits signed by the lady herself.




I bought a couple of p/hop patterns, but miraculously (and to D's relief), just one skein of yarn. Beautiful, silvery four ply yarn, half silk, half merino. The shade was called Moonstone. I was powerless to resist!


Knitters in the city; a very enjoyable jolly indeed.


Love from,


Laura

PS: Thank you very much to Kath at inverleith for the award, we really appreciate you thinking of us. Do pop over and see Kath's  fantastic crochet skills...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. I would have loved to have gone to Knit Nation. I've recently bought Ysolda's new book, Little Red in the City. It's a fabulous read. I'm learning so much about fitting etc that I daren't cast on any garments until I finish reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you, i'd have love to have gone! it was our school summer fair {in the rain!} on Saturday, so i was trying to make money rather than spend it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...