18.6.11

Watch Out Ladies

Dear Laura,


Once upon a time I was trying to impress a boy and he was trying to impress me. Now I love giving sewn or knitted presents to people, but it is actually quite hard to think of ideas for boys. Once you have knitted them a scarf the ideas start to dry up. I can't very well give him a tea cosy or an iPhone case, I needed to think manly and then I found this.



Well you can't get much more manly than these fine gentlemen. Shall we have a look inside...









 Er hold on, can we have a closer look at those three dashing men in their summer wear.

Well I have many favourites but these chaps might be top of the list.

As entertaining as this magazine / book is, and it really is, it is also actually quite useful. It shows you how to tie various ties including a bow tie and how to make sure clothes fit. As well as how to sew giant 70s collars and such like. For only 50p (Australia $1.20, New Zealand $1.00, South Africa R1.25) I think this was an absolute bargin. So normally I wouldn't put photos up from a book or magazine, I appreciate how hard people work to get them published in the first place, however, these are over 35 years old, I am fairly sure this magazine is not for sale anymore and I have cited my source. And on that note I'll leave you with this.


Lots of love
Annie





2 comments:

  1. hihihih hilarious! :-)
    (Giulia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for one blissful moment that these might be instructions aimed at men and boys i.e. to get them into sewing, but I see it is just for making clothes for men and boys. Shame. Nice facial hair all round though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...