29.6.11

San Franscisco

Dear Laura,




I have just got back from San Francisco and I suggest reading this post whilst listening to "I left my heart in San Francisco". I want to show you it all at once and tell you all about it. Instead I will show you a few of my favourite things. We went for a wedding and extended the trip to include a couple of days playing in Berkley and San Francisco. First stop was the mission:




The shop in the bottom left corner sells curiosities, jars of turkeys claws greet you as you walk in, a case of glass taxidermy mice dressed as pilots, brides and grooms stares at you from the back of the room. The walls are covered with stuffed exotic animals. test tubes, fossils, moss, bones, bundles of hemlock all wait patiently to be bought in small bowls. It is dark and strange and really really fun. 


Just down the road from the curiosity shop there is the pirate supply shop, which sells everything that a pirate might need. Bags for gold, cutlases, wooden peg legs.



Of course it isn't all just bizarre shops, it is hills and beaches and palm trees and sunshine.





I wish I had had more time to find lots of awesome thrifted goodness, just a dress and a jumper from a consignment shop. Next time, next time....

Lots of love

Annie





4 comments:

  1. We're originally from near San Francisco, a small town called Hayward, enjoyed the pix, haven't been back to California since we moved here 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures - somewhere I'd love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura, thanks for finding me, a rookie crocheter (is there such a word?) too. A blanket is the ultimate plan but I'm getting very distracted by these flowers at the moment. Looks like you've had a great trip. I've always wanted to go to San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...