23.5.11

stash musings

Dear Annie,

I have promised myself that with four projects currently in progress, I won't start anything new until I've completed at least one. However, there's nothing to stop me from taking a little bit of time out to peruse my stash and muse on possible projects to come...




I have rather a large piece (about two metres, I think) of this Sanderson 'Little Chelsea' print fabric. I picked it up a couple of years ago in a jumble sale for 50p. I love the big old-fashioned roses, but it's hard to know what to make with it that won't be too granny-fied. It's cotton, I think, but of a heavy duty furnishing weight. 



I really like the idea of a beanbag cover (image from this book). I think it would work well and in fact we already have a flokati rug and a painted chair, so would be missing only the cushion!


My collection of bluey-green fabrics is growing, and I'm dreaming of my next quilt. I'm toying with a simplified sort of log-cabin design, and have been enjoying looking for inspiration through this book, which focuses on the visual art of the quilt and considers quilts as if they were pictures. It was a steal at 50p from a second hand bookshop.



  
What I should be doing, however, is finishing my own quilt. It's going to be a gift and I'm working to a deadline, with only a fortnight left. It's been a while since I worked on it and I'm a little behind- I'm just finishing off the hand-quilting, and then I need to get on and bind it.


Better get stitching! 


Love from 


Laura 

3 comments:

  1. What yummy fabrics - I love the beanbag idea, adds touch of glamour to relaxed sitting!

    Just had a peek at your quilt, great colour, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.
    I just found your blog via Andamento, and boy, am I glad i'm here! I love the way it's written and the two different authors are great.
    Since having my kids and being at home a little more, I've been learning to crochet and have just dusted off my nan's old sewing machine. - I love your stash of fabrics and just love that beanbag cover.
    I look forward to spending more time here (with glass of wine and more time) soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pile of fabrics! And what a brilliant book, can't go far wrong for 50p!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...