9.5.11

Half way through?

Dear Laura.


I have been terribly proud of myself recently because almost every night I sit at the kitchen table whilst R cooks supper and crochet one or half a square for the blanket. Finally I reached fifty, FIFTY squares. Proudly I laid them out on the bed to see how much area they covered.




Although I am pleased with my work so far I know that this is a really really long project, I thought I would be half way through but it looks like I am a third or maybe a quater of a way through. I long to have a blanket as beautiful as Andrea's jewel blanket at Apple and Pears.

Now I know you aren't supposed to have favourites but these are my three favourite squares.






Also you will notice that my squares aren't quite square, well I realised my mistake about half way through and decided not to correct it. Bascially the corners only have one stitch between the two groups of three double crochets, rather than two. I am going to do some creative joining to make it better.


Lots of love


Annie


p.s. our guest post this month has been delayed, which was my fault. I will post it on Wednesday (sorry Gill!)

4 comments:

  1. It's looking great so far, I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is coming along really well....it will be gorgeous! Thank you for the kind comment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of your favourite three, by favourite it the top one, green through to blue to lilac - beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes actually that is my favourite too! I just kept staring at it when I had finished it and proudly show it to everyone saying oooo isn't this pretty.

    Andrea - your blankets are gorgeous, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...