7.4.11

the ♥ of knitting

Dear Annie,

 

There seems to come a point in every knitting project where my fingers really start to fly. Sometimes it's at the start, when I'm excited by a new pattern. Sometimes it's towards the end because I'm on the homeward straight. Other times, it's because I suddenly just 'get' whatever I'm trying to do; it all makes sense and I can see where the pattern is heading.
 

I reached that point this week, knitting my Tea Leaves cardigan. I'm not very far along - I've completed the yoke, and I'm halfway through the short row shaping. (which by deliberate but puzzling omission isn't included in the pattern- I got my instructions from the aptly named FairyGodknitter on Ravelry) I think, though, that it suddenly seems possible to me. I can actually knit myself an item of clothing! I do have the skills, and I am going (eventually) to finish it. Amazing. These are the moments when I just love knitting.


A little extra knitting love has entered my home this week in the form of these gorgeous vintage plastic needles. I've been dreaming of some for a long time (in fact, it was in danger of becoming something of a minor obsession) but I'd never actually found any. It seems, though, that colourful knitting needles are like buses; you look for them for ages, and then they all come at once! A charity shop, a vintage shop and Ebay each yielded up a few pairs, and all of a sudden I had a jarful.

Knitting. ♥.

Love from,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Hurrah for new projects! Can't wait to see how it progresses. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking lovely, i really want to knit a tea leaves cardi - can't wait to see how your's turns out
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knit looks lovely, I love the plastic needles, I always knit with metal and plastic needles. Most modern knitters all seem to favour bamboo, I love that familiar click of the metal needles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the needles. I'd never knit with plastic ones before but I found some in Australia and am amazed at how good they are to knit with. Enjoy. C.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...