23.3.11

my oh milo

Dear Annie,

I've finished the Milo for Baby R. This really is a contender for my favourite knitting pattern ever! It's on circular needles (which is my method of choice) easy enough for sleep-deprived knitting, but with just enough detail to keep my interest. I've made four so far, one in each size for my tiny man, each with a different yarn. You can see the others over on my Ravelry page 

This latest one is the twelve month size, made using teal Baby Alpaca DK. It's a scrumptious yarn- incredibly soft, and a beautiful colour.  I've made Milos with a few different cable designs, but the owl cable really is my favourite. It's so very sweet!


I would call this a tank top, although in your neck of the woods I think it's called a vest. Whatever you call it, it's a thoroughly useful extra layer for little ones.


I'm sure that this won't be my last Milo- the pattern goes up to six years, so there's scope for many more. In the meantime, however, I'm perusing patterns for the marvellous yarn that you included with my birthday goodies- thank you, sweetie! At the moment, I'm thinking of making a retro style tea cozy.


In the spirit -once again -of yarn along: my knitting and my reading (or rather my looking at pretty pictures!) The book is the surprisingly inspirational In Print by Cath Kidston, which is giving me ideas for using up my vintage fabric stash.

Love from,

Laura

19 comments:

  1. Wow this tank is gorgeous. I have always wanted to knit one for my two. You say it goes up to size 6 years. I might have to get knitting... Charlie is 6 next Jan, so he may get some wear out of it come autumn. Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do. You won't regret it! My boys wear one over their PJs when they get up in the mornings. That extra layer is fab, even in the summer before the day warms up. And your littlest one will inherit it too :) Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh so sweet, & the yarn looks just lovely too! i'm going to give the 'pebble' pattern a try as i have a few new baby gifts to make this year!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why that is your favorite pattern-it is beautiful. I need to live in a colder climate!
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. the milo looks adorable. i've made a pebble vest but haven't yet been game enough to try the cables of the milo. maybe you've inspired me..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little vest is so sweet. I love the owls also. What a wonderful job you did! I can see where it can be used in so many different layers and looking so fashionable. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. This vest is just adorable, and since owls are my favorite how can I not love it!! Beautiful job!! And what a cool tea cozy, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tank top is so cute. I love the owl cable - never seen that before, never mastered cable stitch either. Might have to have a go one day. Crochet is taking over my life at the moment though! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the milo is adorable and i love owls! lovely color on the alpaca yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness! How adorable! Those wee little owls - so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping in to say "Hi" as part of Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just looking at the Milo. I haven't made one yet but I do love the look of it! Those owls are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your owls! I need to learn to do that kind of insert in things... it's terribly intimidating to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! That vest is fabulous.
    Owls are so appealing, aren't they? Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just joining the 'oohing' crowd - Those owls are SO adorable on the vest. It's perfect! My mind is swarming with possible future projects...hmmm... maybe I'll have to give this a try...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made the Milo not long ago for my baby with the owls. I LOVED it. I totally agree that is one of my favorites. I am making another for my two year old too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laura that is gorgeous!! I love the owls on it too. How great that you enjoyed the pattern so much that you made that many sizes!! I think little boys in tank tops look so smart. Fay X

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is GORGEOUS! Once again, you have inspired me to make a second attempt at knitting. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...