7.2.11

Writers and Bathrooms

Dear Laura,

Last weekend was quite a mission. On a whim, R and I decided to redo the bathroom. Well a friend of ours Shanthi was coming to stay. She is a published novelist and so we decided that she was now far to sophisticated to be subjected to our rather unpleasant bathroom so we decided to make it new and shiney and nice.
Hum... this was rather an ambitious task as we had 48 hrs and no supplies or clear idea of what we wanted. First things first, a bit of destruction.
Goodbye bathroom cabinet, goodbye shelving glued firmly to the wall
 
goodbye floor, come here cabinet certified in 1985, we need to talk.

Now that we had destroyed our bathroom we had about 5 hours to put it all back together. On the previous day we had rushed around finding fittings fixtures, floors and paint colours. It was time for some serious taping, plastering and painting.

By 10pm on Sunday we still hadn't completed the job but we were close and anyway Shanthi wasn't arriving until Wednesday evening. One more night after work for some floor laying, plaster sanding and paint touch ups and we were done! And so in the style of all home improvement shows everywhere in the world, here it is the grand reveal...

Before                        After
    
Before                        After
So the paint turned out a little more purple than we thought and ideally the peach sink would be thrown from a high window. Still it makes a change from a beige and brown house.

Your marmalade and marmalade cake look scrummy maybe I should have put baking on my new years resolution list, I'm a much better at the eating part though.

Lots of love

Annie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a diference- good work!

    I'm sorry I haven't got back to you about the teapot in the toolbar in my blog. The honest answer is I can't remember what I did, but I remember it being a bit of a faff. I used this website here http://www.iconj.com/pixel_icon_generator.php where hopefully you should find all the help you need. If not get back to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a transformation in such short time !!! i should show it my ex : when i lived with him, he also wanted to rebuild en redecorate the whole house, he started it and it's still not finished ( 7 years later... But I don't live in that mess no more ) ! i hated that ! You guys rock !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...