20.2.11

purple tea leaves

Dear Annie,

  
Look at this beautiful yarn. It's scrumptious, softer-than-soft Malabrigo worsted. It was a birthday present from my Mum and Dad, and I chose it with a special project in mind. I've decided that after 6 or 7 years of knitting, it really is time for me to embark on my first cardigan. I haven't yet knitted a single adult-sized item of clothing, but that is about to change. The pattern I've chosen is massively popular on Ravelry- the Tea Leaves cardigan. The colour I've chosen will come as no surprise to you!

 
So far, I'm really enjoying knitting it. The yarn is gorgeous (although I suspect it's going to pill rather). I'm hoping that using worsted weight will mean that it knits up relatively quickly, but even so, I have no doubt that it will be next winter before it's ready to wear!

I've followed your example and decided that a new project needs a new bag- one big enough to hold all that knitting. Three things that I love about this bag:

1) It's purple! (you saw that coming, right?)
2) It's made out of a vintage pillowcase, so not only is it funky, but minimum sewing was required.
3) I managed to whip it up in the space of just 20 minutes when (by some miracle) S and baby R were both taking a nap. 


So there you have it, a purple project bag for a purple tea leaves. All this talk of tea is making me thirsty... mine's a vanilla assam.


Oh, go on then- let's have an oat and raisin cookie too. It would be rude not to!
 
Love from,

Laura


PS: I am totally with you on small children as style icons. My personal fashion guru, little Miss M, is three years old. She's one of S's dearest friends and has a fabulous sense of style. My favourite outfit to date was the pink tutu-skirt, purple tights with pink spots, and purple and green baseball boots. If only I could get away with it...

5 comments:

  1. Hi, popping in to say I love the purple yarn and the tea leaf cardi pattern. It will look so nice made up. The sweater feels and looks like it can be dressed up or down. That's the type style I love. Hope you have had a great weekend. Do take care and loved your post. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I love the pillow case bag! That is something I might even try myself one day. Also, I think your photographs are always beautiful, Han x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that looks super soft and the colour is just gorgeous.

    Here's to staying in jim jam's all day.

    take care,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Good luck with your cardigan, I don't have the staying power for a whole knitted garment I have managed bags though. You can never have enough bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i have just found your blog and i have really enjoyed reading it, love the fab colour you are making your cardi in, i look forward in reading somemore next time x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...