23.2.11

Hyperbolic Crochet Coral

Dear Laura,

I have been bursting to tell you all about an exhibition that I went to over the weekend. So I was casually stopping in on this blog and that blog on Saturday morning, cup of coffee in hand when I stumbled across a post on no knitted knickers! about a fabulous exhibition of crocheted coral at the national gallery. The only slight problem was I was spending the weekend in the company of R and his friend. I was not sure how non crochet/knitters/sewers etc.. would react to the suggestion of this exhibition. Luckily there was sunshine outside and dinosaur fossils inside so much to my delight my plan was readily agreed to.







And it was wonderful, just beautiful.







Maths never seems to be a subject that brings much light and joy to people, often left to men in dark university corridors (I speak here from experiencing those very corridors for many years of my life). I love that it has been brought to life so wonderfully and that that expression is in the form of a activity generally dominated my women. It all goes to show every day we are all capable of complex mathematical thought. Thank you Claire from No Knitted Knickers! I had a fab time. Here is a link to the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral website it is travelling to New York in May.

As we were at the natural history museum here is a picture of an awesome fossil.


There's a fish inside the fish!

Lots of love

Annie



2 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the plug - never had that before so am pleased as punch. C.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...