30.12.10

last minute knitted gift

Dear Annie,






I can't wait to see your granny squares! I'm sure they will inspire me to get started on my own, and you can give me some top hooky tips. I wanted to show you this owl mug cosy that I made just before Christmas as a last minute knitted gift. Sweet, isn't it? A lovely friend of mine, H, surprised me with this gorgeous hand-sewn brooch:



I wanted to make her a gift in return, but time was very short. I do have, and enjoy, the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book, but having flicked through it, I decided that I was not a speedy enough knitter to complete one of the projects in time. I remembered this post from clever Kelly at Handmade at Home, and all I needed was some leftover yarn, some buttons and a quick perusal on Ravelry. Perfect! 




I often find that when I'm looking after the little ones, a cup of tea ends up getting cold before I've had the chance for even a sip, so I'm hoping that as H has two little ones of her own, she will find this useful. The details are here, on Ravelry


The extra project meant that I didn't quite succeed in finishing all my Christmas knitting, my poor Mum was presented with one and a half yoga socks, but to her credit, she was nevertheless very excited by them, and they're now all finished so I'm enjoying some lovely relaxed knitting.

There's been plenty of family time, too, and for us, no Christmas is complete without a wintery walk to a pub...








Enjoy the last days of this year, and see you on the first day of the next.


Love from,


Laura
x

3 comments:

  1. Dear Annie and Laura

    you look like you've both been very busy in the last few weeks nd made some truly beautiful crafty treasures.

    Wishing you both a wonderful 2011

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your owl mug cosy is really sweet, i'm sure it will get put to good use, i really need to make one for myself too, as my tea is always going cold before i finish it!
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl mug cosy really is beautiful Laura, I am terrified of spilling tea on it though!

    I love reading this blog, thank you both for all the inspiration.

    H xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...